Baba Ghanoujmakes a great snack or dip!
- 2 1-pound eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup tahini (sesame seed paste found in most grocery stores)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil rimmed baking sheet.
- Place eggplant halves, cut side down, on sheet.
- Roast until eggplant is very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Using spoon, scoop out pulp from eggplant into strainer set over bowl.
- Let stand 30 minutes, allowing excess liquid to drain from eggplant.
- Transfer eggplant pulp to processor.
- Add 1/4 Cup oil, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic; process until almost smooth-some chunks are great!
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- · Transfer to small bowl.
· ***Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.