Egg-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
What You Need:
- 1 Poblano Pepper, slit down the side & seeds removed
- 4 TB Refried Organic Black Beans (we love Amy's)
- 1 Egg, poached
- 2 TB Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 TB Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray the pepper with Kelapo coconut cooking oil and place it in a skillet over medium heat. Sear it all around, but do not let it soften.
- Place the poblano on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and fill it with the refried beans. Bake until heated through-roughly 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile poach the egg (fill a saucepan with a few inches of water and 1 tsp vinegar-bring to a high temp where it is NOT bubbling or boiling. Crack an egg in a small/low-lipped bowl. With a spatula, create a water tornado inside the saucepan and slip in the egg while spinning it around. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, carefully remove it with a spatula and let sit on a paper towel to dry)
- Top with salsa and cilantro!