Cream of Tomato Soup
Makes 4 servings
What You Need:
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil - place in a skillet over medium heat
- 1 cup or 1 medium yellow onion, sliced - toss into the skillet + lightly brown for roughly 8 minutes
- 1 tsp sea salt + dash of pepper- add the salt + pepper, garlic, + thyme to the pan for 30 seconds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 can diced tomatoes, try fire roasted for added flavor! - add the tomatoes in, stir + simmer for 15-20 minutes
- 1/2 block House Foods organic soft tofu - wait until cooled, place the ingredients + the tofu in a blender + blend until smooth. Serve with the topping below!
check out the quickie video below for my how-to!
For the topping:
- 1 cup popcorn, air popped
- 2 TB oil spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 TB nutritional yeast (if vegan) if not, grated Parmesan
Simply mix the popcorn + ingredients in a ziplock bag + shake well!