Not Your Basic Brunch: Mother's Day Meals
Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday + not everyone wants to break the bank as far as calories + budget, so why not cook at home? Here are three recipes I came up with this month that you can serve anytime to your momma's.
Chicken BLT Salad
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup pan-grilled or toasted whole grain bread (I use Udi's Millet-Chia bread)- hand-torn
- 1 cup baby greens
- 1/3 cup bacon, cooked + crumbled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion; grilled
- Sauce: 2 TB extra virgin olive oil, 2 roasted garlic cloves, dash of sea salt, squeeze of lemon - mix well
- Simply place the ingredients in a bowl aside from the sauce - set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together, then stir in with the salad.
- Snag a fork + enjoy!
Prosciutto + Egg Sandwich
What You Need:
- 3 slices of fresh prosciutto
- 1 TB strawberry jam
- 1 cup sauteed spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TB mayonnaise, olive-oil based is best
- 1 tsp tarragon, chopped
- dash of sea salt
- 1 egg, over-easy
- 1 Udi's gluten-free whole grain bagel, toasted
- In separate skillets over medium heat- saute the spinach + prep the egg.
- Meanwhile, toast the bagel + spread the jelly on the bottom half.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, tarragon, + mayonnaise - spread it over the top of the bagel.
- Layer the spinach atop the bottom half, then add the prosciutto, the egg, + place the top on.
I use Udi's bread + bagels all the time, but this #1 selling (dedicated) gluten free brand, now offers gluten free English muffins in both white and whole grain varieties! AMAZING news for people like me who have been gluten-free for 10 years, but they are also soy- and nut-free too.
Goji Berry cream cheese toastie
makes 1 serving
- 2 slices of @udisglutenfree millet-chia bread,
- homemade goji berry cream cheese (2 TB organic cream cheese blended with 1 TB softened Goji berries + 15 drops of liquid silica for a beauty boost)
- 2 TB crispy pan-grilled shallots
- 4 slices of watermelon radish
- 2 eggs, over easy,
- pinch of flaked Celtic sea salt
- To make, just layer the cream cheese on the bread + top with the remaining ingredients!