Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage & 3-Bean Chili:
- 1, 15-Oz. Can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15-Oz. Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15-Oz. Can of Cannellini Beans (White beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 LB Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (Jenny-O’s)
- 1 Onion, large and chopped
- 2 Jalapeno chilies, chopped and seeded
- 1 1/2, 28-ounce Cans of Crushed Tomatoes in puree
- 1 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TB, plus 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 TB Red Wine Vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Sweet Italian sausages and brown on all sides, turning occasionally-about 7-8 minutes
- Transfer the sausages to a plate.
- Add chopped onion to pan and sauté 5 minutes
- Add chilies and sauté 1 minute
- Add chili powder and cumin and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds
- Add crushed tomatoes and all beans
- Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add sausage to chili and simmer until cooked through, stirring occasionally-about 10 minutes.
- Mix in vinegar and season chili to taste with salt & pepper.