Sometimes a juice or smoothie sucked down out of a straw is just the same ol’, right? So a smoothie bowl is just a change of venue for your healthy morning blend. The best part about bowls? Added toppings! We wanted to brighten up our usual green blend and make you something PINK! Check out this incredibly tasty, beautifying, nutritious recipe for a perfect start to a KICK ASS day!
We used these raw Pitaya packets to make this seriously pink + utterly gorgeous smoothie bowl. Pitaya, also called dragonfruit, is the fruit of a cactus found most commonly in Central and South America. It is speckled with black seeds amongst its white meat on the inside of it’s dark pink shell. It is GORGEOUS. Pitaya has SO many health benefits, but we are listing the main attractions below:
- The seeds- they contain heart healthy monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids
- The fruit is high in antioxidants, which are known to help prevent oxidative stress that can lead to diseases like cancer
- Magnesium is delivered in this beautiful fruit. Magnesium is responsible for over 300 enzymatic reactions and is found mostly in our bones, muscles, and brain. Magnesium is important for our cells to make energy, to help muscles relax, and to stabilize cell membranes.
- It has fiber that helps keep your digestion going strong, fills you up, and
- Pitaya induces beauty through its enzymatic profile – you will see it in your glowing skin!
- Woot, it has calcium for healthy bones!
- It has high levels of vitamins A (incredible skin, good vision, optimal immune function, and reproductive health) C (antioxidant with incredible immune-support,) and the B vitamins (delivering much-needed energy to us, metabolize fat and protein, and promote healthy skin, hair, eyes and liver.)
How to Make:
We blended the dragonfruit packet with a kale leaf, a small banana, a handful of spinach, a 1/2-inch slice of ginger, a small apple, and a whole lemon, then topped it with 1 TB of unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 TB chopped mint, and 1 TB hemp hearts.
OPTIONAL: add 1 TB of E3Live for an added dose of 65+ vitamins, minerals, amino acids, + essential fatty acids. It’s incredible.