The holidays are a great time to get your kids in the kitchen with you + make some smaller sweet treats to limit sugar intake, but still feel like you’re indulging. This has been a party favorite for me this season and there are TONS of combinations you can make that I included below! The cooking instructions stay the same.
SOME COMBOS I’VE TRIED:
- Salted caramel brownie instead of plain + Rolos on the inside with a basic chocolate outside – for those who like the sweet-salty flavors like me
- Plain Hershey kiss or one with an almond on the inside + a peppermint white chocolate on the outside – holiday flavors
- You can use “drunk” cherries for adults only – adult-only treat
- Milk chocolate crunch truffle on the inside with a basic chocolate outside + then rolled in sprinkles – more birthday-esque
Cherry-Stuffed Brownie Bombs
makes 12 bites
What You Need:
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (you can use a gluten-free mix)
- 3/4 cup chocolate frosting
- Maraschino cherries
- 15 oz. melting chocolate (I used a combination of milk chocolate + white chocolate.)
- Bake the brownies according to the package instructions. Once cooled, crumbled them in a bowl + add in the chocolate frosting. Stir until combined.
- Make balls by taking 1 1/2 TB of the mix, making a hole, + dropping a cherry in (with some juice.) Then form the ball around the cherry.
- Place on a lined sheet (make sure it fits in your freezer.)
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate (I recommend in a saucepan and not the microwave- you don’t want it to burn at the bottom.)
- Take each bite + roll it I the chocolate, then place it back on the lined sheet. Repeat with all of them + let them dry.
NUTRITION x1 bite: 152 kcal + don’t fret about the rest…it’s a dessert after all. Savor it, take more than one bite, chew, enjoy the flavors.