Fig + Caramelized Onion Breakfast Quesadilla
makes 1 quesadilla
What You Need:
- 2 sprouted corn tortillas
- 1 handful of kale
- sprigs of thyme, fresh
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1 TB goat cheese
- 1/4 cup caramelized yellow onion
- 2 tsp fig jam
- 1/2 cup egg whites, cooked
- Caramelize the onions in a medium skillet over medium heat with a bit of oil + butter spread. Add in the kale and gently wilt. Set aside.In a smaller skillet, cook scrambled the egg whites in a pan with a bit of oil spray.
- Meanwhile, spread goat cheese + fig jam atop one tortilla and top the other with mozzarella – place them in a large, sprayed skillet over medium heat + cook until lightly browned/mozzarella is melted.
- Top the tortillas with kale + onion, thyme- put them together to enjoy!