Flavorful Water Infusions to Avoid Water Boredom and Stay Hydrated
The weather is getting warmer and it becomes even more important to stay hydrated, but are you bored with regular ol’ water? Adding natural flavors to water can not only cure your boredom with hydrating; but can also add in some extra health benefits to your day thanks to antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Favorite Water Infusing Flavor Combinations + Descriptions
- Watermelon-Mint – a classic combo of sweet and refreshing
- Cucumber-Mint-Lemon – this is the ultimate refresher with mint being that little hint of energy
- Basil-Strawberry – classic go-to, add lemon to make it like a lemonade combination
- Blackberry-Sage – deeper, rich flavor with sage
- Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, + Lime Citrus Water – refreshing acidity with a tart flavor
- Peach-Basil – refreshing, subtle flavor
- Watermelon-Jalapeno- spice it up!
- Grapefruit-Rosemary – tart citrus flavor with a savory sharpness from rosemary
- Blueberry-Lemon – makes me feel like I am drinking fresh blueberry pie 😉
- Kiwi-Strawberry-Cucumber – subtle sweetness with an extra refreshing kick thanks to the cucumber
- Orange-Blackberry – these flavors definitely complement one another
- Lemon-Lime-Rosemary – bright and sharp flavor; great morning time water wake-up call
- Lemon-Lavender – lavender is a natural stress reliever (the essential oil is used in calming bath recipes + more,) but is a very subtle flavor, so the lemon is the lively flavor
- Peach-Watermelon -oh-so-sweet flavor profile with these two summertime fruits
Some Prep Notes:
FLAVOR: The more produce, the more flavor. Kind of obvious, but some items, like citrus, have a stronger flavor so less is needed. These items also take less time to infuse.
KEEP IT GOING: after drinking your infused water, you can add more water to infuse again, but the flavor will be lighter. After a few days, it is best to start over fresh.