This green juice is amazingly filling and a great start to the day. I believe in eating light to heavy to promote better digestion and a more energetic life. What does this mean?
Our digestive systems are very sensitive these days. There are plenty of theories as to why that is, but the main issue with this stems from the fact that we do not process food as easily as our ancestors, thus a slew of chronic belly issues occur – including weight gain + loss of energy. I encourage eating light to heavy so that you do not create an intestinal traffic jam. When we get up + eat heavy meals (well hello bacon + eggs,) it sits in our system and, without getting too technical, it goes “bad”- aka: it rots. Lunch + dinner come along and sit on top of it and we have a 3-car pileup going on in our belly, causing poor nutrient absorption and bloating, gas, discomfort, lethargy, + more. Ever feel bloated + heavy at night? This is a prime reason. I start my day with a low-sugar (not fruit-forward folks,) juice or smoothie because it is easily digestible. It will take some time to get used to a light + liquid meal in the a.m. but it is SO worth it.
I promote taking a probiotic every morning to promote gut health + digestive enzymes before your main meals to prep your stomach for processing the food as well.
Get the Glow Green Smoothie
What You Need:
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- Some added volume, water, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium, as well as vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
- 2 cups spinach
- Greens, greens, + more spinach greens give you high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium.
- 4 celery stalks
- Well hello detoxifier! Specifically, celery contains apigenin; which reduce the expression of certain inflammatory proteins in the body.
- 1 apple, chopped
- Nom, nom sweetness is filled with B vitamins for energy, vitamin C for immunity, and polyphenolic compounds that protect the body against free radicals
- 1 banana
- Adds potassium + a fiber-filled thickness!
- 1/2 cucumber
- Detox veggie filled with water that lends to moving the detox process along
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Helps aid in digestion
- handful of parsley
- Anti-cancer due to myricetin; a flavonoid found in parsley and other plants, as well as immune-boosting compounds, and bone building vitamin K
- 2 cups of water, filtered
- Simply blend in a blender + add the following…
Add Ins I always use:
- 1 scoop of collagen peptide proteins – amazing for building lean muscle mass and hair/skin/nail health
- 1 packet of blue majik – anti-inflammatory (anti-bloat) immune booster
- 15 liquid silica drops – silica is helpful for bone, skin, hair, teeth, tendon, ligament, and connective tissues.