Gluten-Free + Carb-Free Spiced Fruit Bake
makes 6 servings
What You Need:
- 2 cup sliced apples
- 2 cups pear slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 TB maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon (extra for topping)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 stick melted butter (4 to 5 tbsp melted vegan butter can be substituted)
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, spices, and maple syrup.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.