These flavors combine to make a fantastically tasty, balanced macronutrient bowl for any meal! And check out those colors!
WAYS TO CHANGE IT UP
- Change the Protein if you aren’t a fan of red meat, try doing this with shrimp or salmon.
- Watching Carbs? Halve the portion or omit and use prepared cauliflower rice
- Skip the egg to lower the calories by 80 + fat by 6g
BEEF BULGOGI BOWL
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
makes 2 servings
- ¾ LBS skirt steak or filet (for leaner cuts,) thinly sliced
- 2 TB Bragg’s or coconut aminos
- 2 TB honey
- 1 TB brown sugar
- ½ TB red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ TB sesame oil
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup prepared black rice or rice noodles
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup kimchi, prepared (watch the sodium content)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Watermelon or regular radishes, sliced
- Sriracha or Sambal Oleek, to drizzle
Optional: fried egg and/or ¼ of an avocado
- Prep the marinade in a bowl + pour over sliced steak.
- Arrange the steak in the skillet. Pan-grill the steak over medium heat until your desired temp is reached.
- Place the beef in a bowl with the veggies, rice or noodles, an optional fried or poached egg, + drizzle of Sriracha or Sambal Oleek.
X1 SERVING: 1/2 cup noodles, 3 oz steak, an egg, + 1/2 cup kimchi
462 CALORIES | 21g FAT | 36.4g CARBS | 3g FIBER | 34g PROTEIN
REPURPOSE THE LEFTOVERS INTO A DIFFERENT MEAL
Don’t get bored eating the exact same thing again and vary your nutrition! I turned it into a bowl with steamed broccoli, some chopped pineapple, skip the egg and use a slaw mix with hoisin sauce the day after for lunch!