I recently began to work with Weber Grill on a cooking series for Spring/Summer. Weber Grill is purpose built and they all have features you need for great results. This I know from experience! I have been grilling with my dad since I was a little kid + Weber was a staple in my life growing up. But one feature we did not have when I was a wee one was their grilling app! It is an amazing grilling resource for the beginner griller to the advanced grill enthusiast. Plus, it is free to download in the App Store.
I was so lucky to have received a Q 1200 gas grill, which is not only portable, but perfect if you have a smaller balcony. Being in the city, I am lucky to have a balcony big enough for another one- the Spirit II. It is not only a gorgeous red porcelain-enameled grill, it has heavy-duty grates that hold their heat. Well, hello amazing sear marks and perfectly grilled food!
Let’s talk kababs! A fantastically fun weekday dinner because it is quick, fun, and makes for amazing leftovers like salad toppers, sandwich fillers, et al!
The three combinations I made were:
- Tasty Thai: Chicken satay with a peanut-free satay sauce
- A La Italia: Italian Chicken sausage + veggies with a balsamic syrup or marinara dipping sauce
- Steak + Potatoes: marinated beef with a creamy horseradish dressing
What You need
…a separate tray for the vegetables and meats, water-soaked wooden skewers, + tongs- and duh, a Weber Grill!
Quick Tips @ the Grocery Store:
- I bought all white meat, skinless/boneless chicken tenders to just spear up
- If you are short on time, buy pre-chopped veggies
- Also, no time to make the sauce? Buy it!
- First, soak wooden skewers fully in water for 30 minutes +
- Then, chop proteins, fruits, and vegetables in the same size/density for even cooking
- Finally, when putting them onto the soaked skewers, keep food 1/4-inch apart
- Marinating beef will make it more moist- and I marinated the chicken too! A small combo of gluten-free/low-sodium soy sauce + sesame oil was a great combination for the satay skewers.
- NOTE: always marinate meats to grill in the refrigerator, not at room temperature
Ingredients per Kabab:
- 2 pieces of Italian-flavored chicken sausage; cut into 1-inch slices, with 1-2 x 1-inch red bell pepper slices, + 2 x broccoli florets
- 1 chicken tender with an optional 1-2 x pineapple chunks
- 2 pieces of skirt top tenderloin steak; cut into 1-inch slices, with 2 x cubed red or purple potatoes, + 2 x red onion chunks (I sliced it thicker and used 3 rows of slices together to form a 1-inch piece)
For the full recipes, check my Pinterest page for rich pins!
Weber Grills is a blog post sponsor