GIRLS WHO GRILL – Let’s grill some salads this summer!
Salads can have bases that are grilled to add depth to the overall recipe. Did you know that grilling foods makes them denser? AKA: they fill you up more? So, I went to the drawing board to come up with 3 dynamic grilled salad recipes for the ladies like me, who love to hit up the grill and keep it healthy by going beyond the meat! Come on girls and get to know the benefits + fun I have found with Weber Grills!
With the size of my Weber Spirit II grill, I can make all of this at once for a fun outdoor party that keeps us grilling, but eating loads of colorful veggies!
Before We Get Started:
- I love to use grilling baskets for things like potatoes, bell peppers if I cut them up, sliced fruit, + more. Check out these Weber Baskets + Pans
- Veggies and fruits are more delicate than meats. Be sure to adhere to the rules about not flipping them too much or they may fall apart. Keep it to one or none based on the tips below!
- Master tip for potatoes from Weber should be watched and noted here if you want to take your grilling expertise further.
Grilling Times for the Peach Panzanella Salad:
- Peaches – cut them in half + remove the pit. Cook cut side down for 3-4 minutes over direct medium heat.
- Bread – take some thicker slices of bread + grill over direct heat for 2-3 minutes/side.
- Chicken – sometimes when I am grilling salads like this, I pre-grill the chicken the day before + chop it up. Take skinless, boneless breasts with a bit of salt + pepper and grill them for 8-12 minutes on direct medium heat. For accuracy, use a meat thermometer (I love the iGrill!) and cook until it registers 165 degrees F. Don’t forget- the Weber Grills app has timers!
Grilling Times for the Fennel + Grapefruit Salad:
- Fennel – grill each side of the bulb (tops removed) for 10-20 minutes, depending on the toughness of the bulb. It should be tender to a fork when done.
- Grapefruit – I like to slice it up and grill it atop foil or a vegetable basket for 5-6 minutes so it is easier to cut up for the salad after grilling.
Grill Times for the Chipotle Potato Salad:
- Potatoes – halved, they take 15-20 minutes of direct medium heat
- Jalapanos – roast on the grill for 5-10 minutes
- Scallions – roast on the grill, whole, for 2 minutes
- Bell Pepper- 1 whole bell pepper will take 10-12 minutes on direct medium heat
For the full recipes, head to my Pinterest board for all Weber-related grilling goodies!