For the Polenta:
- 1 cup prepared package of polenta, room temp + mashed
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
For the Mushroom Ragu:
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 1/2 TB olive oil
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TB thyme
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- salt + pepper, to taste
For the Rest:
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed + roasted with olive oil at 350 degrees F until lightly browned
- 1 bunch vine tomatoes, roasted at 350 degrees F with olio
- 2 large handfuls of watercress
- Plate 1/2 cup of polenta with 1/2 cup mushroom ragu on top of a handful of watercress. Place 1/4 of the tomatoes and asparagus on the side.
- For the polenta – heat the milk + butter in a saucepan. Add in the polenta, salt, + red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until thickened. Add in the parmesan, stir, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees to roast the veggies.
- For the mushrooms – in a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the shallot, garlic, thyme, + butter. Cook until the shallots are tender-roughly 4 minutes. Put the mushrooms in the skillet + cook until tender. Add in the milk, white wine, salt + pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.