Quick and Easy Pickling Recipe For a Spiced Condiment
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A skillet
- Smaller glass mason jars with lids, unless making larger portions
- A sauce pan
VEGGIES TO PICKLE:
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned + sliced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced + seeds removed (or not if you want spicier)
- OR 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced if not into jalapeños
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes form medium spice | 1 tsp red pepper flakes for spicier
- 1 tsp peppercorns
FOR THE PICKLING BRINE:
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 3 TB honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, honey or maple syrup, + salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the brine over the radishes + jalapeños in jars.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature without the lids on.
- Serve immediately or cover + refrigerate. Lasts for a few weeks, but best served within the first 5 days.
OTHER THINGS THAT ARE GOOD TO PICKLE:
asparagus, beets, bell peppers, blueberries, cauliflower, carrots, cherries, fennel, ginger, grapes, green beans, mushrooms, onions, parsnips, peaches, peppers, radishes, ramps, rhubarb, strawberries, squash, tomatoes, turnips, watermelon