One-pan wonders, a la casserole life, is ideal for this season! Check out this healthier recipe rehab of a potato au gratin with some added protein.
Squash Au Gratin with Spicy Italian Sausage
makes 8 servings
What You Need:
- 5 spicy Italian chicken sausage
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Italian seasoning, generous amounts
- 1 large delicata squash, chopped + roasted
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard
- Olive oil, for cooking
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Chop up the squash into 1-inch pieces. Roast with oil drizzle until lightly browned- roughly 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the casing on the sausage + cook it in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Remove from the pan, add in the onion + a bit of olive oil, + cook until lightly browned-roughly 10 minutes.
- Mix the sausage, onion, Italian seasoning, + hand-torn Swiss chard into a bowl.
- Remove the squash from the oven + top with the sausage mixture + cheese. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted + bubbly.