This is a recipe rehab for the ever-popular Chinese chicken salad at so many commercial restaurants. I CANNOT stop eating this once it’s plated…and that’s also absolutely simple! Check out these beautiful colors fulled with nutrients. This is paleo, gluten free, + dairy free.
Teriyaki Shrimp Slaw
…with mandarin oranges + black rice
makes 4 servings
What You Need:
- 4 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 TB raw sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 large watermelon radish, julienned
- 1 cup black rice, steamed ( tip: I use Lotus Foods microwave bowls- ready in 90 seconds!)
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pan-grilled shrimp
- 1/8 cup teriyaki sauce, I use Coconut Secret or SAN-J
- 1-2 tsp chili oil with flakes, to spice it up!
- Simply cook, chop, + mix it all together in a bowl!