Thai Coconut + Shrimp Soup
makes 8 servings
What You Need:
- 1 LB shrimp, no tails + deveined
- 1 TB avocado oil
- 3, 13.5 oz cans coconut milk
- 2 TB ginger, minced
- 1 TB lemongrass, pureed or minced
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 3 TB fish sauce
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- cilantro, chopped
- 2 TB lime juice
- 2 cup shiitake mushrooms, cleaned + stems removed
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage or bean sprouts
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in the heated oil for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro.